What's in a name?
For those of you who don't know me, I'm a small guy. But the fact that I've always been skinny was never a problem to me. I could eventually accept being sick and everything that went along with that. But I never liked being short. I was always the shortest kid in school. My "little sister" was taller than me at a very young age, even though I'm four years older. Everyone around me got used to me being the short one. Even when I started to grow, people didn't always register. Like getting voted in grade twelve as the shortest guy in class. A stinking vote? If they had measured, they would have found a couple, maybe up to five guys that I'd passed in height. As you can tell, I was quite upset about this.Now as I've grown older, I've started to come to terms with my height, even if I haven't accepted it. At 5'7", I'm still about 9 inches short of my ideal target, and 6 inches short of my lowest original offer. When you're younger sister is 5'9", and you have three uncles and a grandfather over 6', two over 6'6", you feel some of that should be coming your way. So unless I've still got another growth spurt in me, I have to accept being a tall 5'7" and probably one of the tallest 130lb. guys out there.
The one consolation I've found is working with Asians, especially with Filipinos. At least around them at work I'm one of the tall guys.

2 Comments:
look at you blogging....
Hey, what can I say, I caved
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home