Sunday, August 13, 2006

Baseball Moments

Baseball season officially ended for me today. After a mediocre year, playing just over .500 for the season, we started the playoffs very well. In a round robin format, we won 4 out of 5 games but ended up in a three way tie for first. This dropped us to third place, playing the team we haven't beat all year in the semi-final. We proceeded to have one of our worst games of the year, losing 22-2. Personally I didn't get a hit, and my only consolation was making a guy strike out swinging at a curve ball (yes I can throw a curve ball in slowpitch.) Over the year I batted about .500 with 9 or 10 doubles, maybe 15 RBI's and one token homerun ( a single became a homerun on two throwing errors.) But I did enjoy playing, even if I did have to pitch almost all the time. I look forward to seeing how I can improve for next year. Maybe have to hit the weights, and see if they've got the lung transplant ready for me.

1 Comments:

At 10:11 pm , Blogger Kirsten said...

Sorry about the brutal loss 22-2! Yikes! So glad you were able to play again. Soccer should be great too! Fun times.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home