Wednesday, October 04, 2006

8 days before 29

I've taken note of the fact that I'm older than most of my friends on most nights. I have few friends that are older than me, a lot of them being a number of years younger than me. I've accepted this and for the most part, I think they have too. But realizing I'm only a days away from being 1 year under 30 scares me. I always thought that you should everything well on the way by twenty five and set in stone by 30. That doesn't give me much time. This could be a very busy year coming up. But the crazy thing is, the more I've noticed the instability in my life this last year, the less I've worried about it. I'm happy the ways things are. I've realized that marriage isn't the priority, although I haven't completely ruled it out yet. Owning a house will come soon, so that's not a problem. My health has never been good, so that should not concern me. The biggest problem I have right now, is figuring out what I would want for my birthday. There isn't much I need anymore, so gifts tend to become luxuries, so what do I want:
  1. Golf Bag
  2. Golf Cart
  3. BC Lions Jersey (Geroy Simon #81) "GS"
  4. "Knights of the Black and White" book by Jack Whyte
  5. "The Lords of the North" book by Bernard Cornwell
  6. "Flight of the Nighthawks" book by Raymond E. Feist
  7. "Hood" book by Stephen R. Lawhead
  8. Tickets to a Canuck's game when I'm in BC in December
  9. Surprise me

Stay tuned for my year in review coming up.

1 Comments:

At 1:00 pm , Blogger Kirsten said...

Happy Birthday Greg! I sent you an email, and will probably phone you tonight, but I figure you should get blitzed with Birthday messages. Have a fantastic day.
Love Kirsten

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home