Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'm the Enemy

Well, it's been a full week now and I guess I have to admit where I am at. I mentioned three weeks ago that I got the announcement that my shop was closing down. Display Fixtures Case Refurbishing plant is on it's last legs. All but about 7 people are gone from there, most now being unemployed. I however are neither. I was officially let go as a Unionized employee and have become a Manager in the Mill work division of Display Fixtures. I am the full time Purchaser in this Woodworking building. I started this last Monday, at 8am, which sucks, and I work till 4:30, on salary. I get a one hour unpaid lunch so I'm only getting paid for 7.5 hours a day. In reality I had to take a pay cut to accept the job.
I always though it was an accomplishment to become a Manager. I guess I was wrong. The first slight bright spot is that the Mill work shop has been continually making money, so I should see a Profit share cheque quarterly. Secondly, I've been told that they will reimburse me for any classes I take that improve my abilities to do my job. Now I need to make the decision if purchasing is my career path. If so, then I need to look at night classes to get accredited.
I have been working three nights a week doing Income tax again this year. Once again with H&R Block. I continue to get a lot of clients completed in the 10-12 hours I work there a week. This should help me come bonus time at the end of the year. Last Thursday I worked 4.5 hours and had 12 clients at my desk. That's got to be some kind of record. Almost a 20 minute average. I think I even had two that took 45 minutes each, but I never had more than ten minutes between clients. Most of the time they were waiting till I completed the previous client.
Soccer continues to roll along. We play every Tuesday for the next four weeks, so you are all welcome to come watch. My team continues in first place, 1 point ahead of second, but they have played one more game than us. We have also beat them every time we played head to head, so we have the tie break if it ends in a tie. This week we play against the third place team, last time we won by 1 and it was close right to the last minute.
Next weekend I'm going out of town with Young Adults from church. It should be a good time to relax and enjoy myself in a positive environment. We also have a traditional Tackle Football game in the snow, so I'm looking forward to that. You can look forward to reading about that next week. Hopefully I remember to use my camera and will have proof of what is going on.
Hope you all enjoy your weeks, and I'll find out when I read your blogs.

1 Comments:

At 1:59 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. i miss you. i haven't talked to you in forever. i think mom and dad might phone you tomorrow, and then i'll talk. they should be home soon i think. it's already 12 at night, so i might just stay up to see them. anyways, i'll talk to you soon. i'm praying for you. i hope your job goes better, and that you feel God's guidance on what to do now!
<3 nadine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home