Saturday, January 27, 2007

Who thought taking out the Garbage could be so Exciting!

We had plenty of excitement this week on Thursday. Just shortly after 1pm, I heard two of my managers making a lot of noise. I went out to join them, to see the truck that just dropped off our garbage bin caught on the phone lines. He tried to drive away with his boom still in the air, and got it caught. It took three MTS service guys to get it untangled from his truck, but it yanked the line away from two power lines. The cords were hanging almost to the ground. It also blew a transformer, shutting down the power in our shop. Fortunately for me, the front office kept power, so I could keep working. Everyone else was sent home early. It also yanked our communication pole from our building, bending it about four feet from the wall. Eventually Hydro came, and power was restored around 3:25pm.

"Hold the Phone - Lines"

1 Comments:

At 6:51 pm , Blogger Kirsten said...

That is crazy! Definitely changed your status quo for the day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home