Sometimes a No answer is better than nothing!
This week I went to see a specialist about my breathing. I saw an ENT (Ear's-Nose-Throat) dude named Dr Frohlith or something close to that. After taking a look and almost making my gag when he fired a camera down my nose, I had my answer. My airwaves do not open when I breathe. The are supposed to be at a regular distance apart naturally, and close when you talk, and open wider when you breathe. Mine close for speech, but don't' expand when needed for breathe. This is what has caused my issues with shortness of breathe, and the slight whistle that people notice. He informed me there is no inhaler or anything like that in which I could find relief or improvement. The only option was a surgery that he recommended quite strongly I did not get. I the surgery they laser the opening bigger, thus allowing for easier air flow, but permanently causing issues with speech. For now I'm going to accede to his advise and not pursue that, but know that it's there if I want. I've gone this long, learning how to survive, and play according to my limitations, so I will continue as is. For now, just having that answer is at least enough.
2 Comments:
Thanks for the update!!! Love you
Wish there were a better, easily fixable answer! But I'm proud of you for getting it checked out. How're the eyes? I love you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home