Friday, April 18, 2008

Time is Running Out!

9 Weeks from today I will be out of a job. I've known for a few weeks that our company would not continue as it has been, but as of yesterday it all became official to me. I got a letter stating my final day will be June 20. My severance will be received after that, as well as my unused vacation time accumulated. I'm also expected to roll my shares and pension into something else, possibly an RRSP.

So, I am thinking my plan will be to drive to Calgary on June 21, and visit with a couple friends there. From there I will drive to Kamloops for a visit with some friends there, before making it to Abbotsford in the evening of June 22. While there I will see my family, including going to Vancouver to see my sister Kirsten's new place. I plan to go on the second annual Okanogan Golf trip with my Dad. I would like to take the time to catch up with a few people around the area, possible staying 2-3 weeks in total before heading back to Winnipeg. Once back here I will hope to get a job sometime after July 14th.


On a side note, we played our Soccer finals last night, and came in second. A little disappointing effort produced a 7-3 loss. All said it was a good season, but once again we came up short in the end. Now I'm in the processes of getting ready to play on an outdoor team again for the first time in over 10 years, and for Ultimate Frisbee, which we plan to start next Thursday.

3 Comments:

At 5:45 pm , Blogger Kirsten said...

It was good to chat last night. Good work on the 2nd place finish! I think that is still amazing. Was it fun?

Looking forward to having you out. Excited that you can come see my new place!

 
At 9:37 am , Blogger tomandlynette said...

The trailer arrived! Hoping for a bike ride today. Thanks :) Any chance of a visit this way?!

 
At 8:53 am , Blogger Nadine said...

I'm so excited to see you!
Two months!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home