Sunday, June 01, 2008

Outdoor Soccer Game 2

Today we had our second game of the year for Outdoor Soccer. I played 80 minutes of the 90 minute game, and really didn't feel like the lungs were bothering me. I played the entire first have, and I think I could have played the whole game and done okay. Again I played defence, and for the most part I was defending a couple girls, as I was on the right side today. At one point I got thrown down by one girl, but otherwise she didn't have a chance all game. However, another time I went for the ball against another one the their players, and slid across to knock it away. I was whistled for a slide tackle even though I was five feet from the player, and didn't come anywhere near touching him. I even got a what I think is my first Yellow Card ever. My Dad would have to confirm that, but I don't think I've ever got one before. We did win 2-1, so it didn't matter in the end, and I can laugh about it now. Otherwise I'm looking forward to being in BC in 2 weeks. I've got 15 more working days, and then I'm on my way. I never know if anyone besides my sisters read this, but would be interested to know who else does. If you want to get together while I'm out there, let me know, as I should be there about 3 weeks. I'll be golfing with Dad in the Okonogan the first week, and I'll try to swing down towards Seattle sometime while I'm there, but otherwise I can fit a few more things in yet.
One other side note on my foot, it's still improving, but playing today most likely didn't help. Although it didn't hinder my play, the up and down, and running didn't feel good. Kicking did not seem to be effected though. We'll see how Baseball Monday and Wednesday goes this week, as well as ultimate Thursday before next Sunday's Soccer game. I love having so many games in a week. It only makes me better!

3 Comments:

At 6:52 pm , Blogger tomandlynette said...

Here's one of the sisters! Wish you were coming out this way too! Love you.

 
At 4:15 pm , Blogger tomandlynette said...

Your sister's husband reads it too.

Tom

 
At 9:08 pm , Blogger Nadine said...

My sister's husband should comment on his wife's sister's blog that's youngest.
I'm excited to see you Greg!
Love you lots!
The yellow card made me laugh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home