Thursday, October 11, 2007

Final Day

Today is my last day in my twenties.

Being only days after Thanksgiving, does put certain thoughts to mind as I reflect on where I’ve been in my twenties. In relation to my teens and younger years, I’m really a different person. A couple years ago I went to my 10 year high school re-union, and most people commented on the change. I’ve grown in stature and maturity, and I know both are quite evident. The biggest part of my recent reflection does focus on my years spent going to the hospital. I look at where I was 15 years ago, and really don’t know if I would have been able to picture ever being 30 at that point. I’m still not 100% healthy, but I’ve learned my limitations, and live a life based on enjoying myself within those parameters. While I love to be competitive in sports, I know I can’t sprint full out without paying the price on my lungs. However, I can pace myself and play conservative, and make short bursts of speed which end up being just as effective or maybe more so.

I’ve now been living in Winnipeg for over 6 years, and have really started to define myself in ways I never could have before. As much as I love my Parents, I’ve realized that I needed to be away from them to become my own person. It’s amazing how much easier it is to see his great qualities from a distance. Since I’ve left my Father’s shadows I’ve been able to develop my own character. My Leadership abilities have grown, as I’ve had the opportunities to be responsible for other coworkers. Sports teams continue to provide chances to use these and Administrative skills as well. My positive attitude has really sprung forward in the last number of years, as I realize how little bad things really matter.

I’m still not a good student, but despite that I’m back in school in the evenings to continue to grow in my work abilities. I’m currently learning third level tax information, to help with my Income Tax job, with the hopes that I will eventually be in a position to work on my own. I’m also taking a basic purchasing class to also advance in my full time job as a Buyer. That’s right, I get paid to spend money.

And tomorrow I party!

3 Comments:

At 12:43 am , Blogger Kirsten said...

Great Reflection Greg. Happy 30th Birthday! Here in BC you are still 29, but you have just turned the big 30 in Winnipeg. Blessings. Love you

 
At 10:06 am , Blogger Nadine said...

Happy Birthday!!! I've been able to celebrate your birthday the longest so far, so it's been good!!
I love you lots and lots!! I seriously want you to know that; I love you!!! I miss you too lots and then more!
Nadine

 
At 6:05 pm , Blogger tomandlynette said...

A Great Big Happy Birthday to you, Greg! I'm proud of you, and looking forward to you joining me in the 30s :) Have a fun party! Love Lynette

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home