Monday, September 28, 2009

Garage Part 1

This year was the start of the upgrades around the house. And the Garage was the starting point. First we removed the bushes beside the extra parking spot, then the demolition could start.
We started by removing the windows.

The Uncle Steve came in and jackhammered part of the cement.

Providing us with a lot of buried treasure

Including a car jack, bed frame parts, knives, part of a chrome bumper, and many other metallic wonders.

Uncle Steve was the only person who showed up to help us on a very rainy day.

And provided us with new Skylights.

But overall the day was not nearly as productive as we'd hoped, and the Garage still stood.


So instead the new strategy became a plan to work on it as time permitted. But we got a bonus when Dad came to visit, and ripped a lot of it apart while I was at work.


Then Uncle Steve came by again, and we pushed it over.

And continued to rip it apart.

But it's been a good summer, as Mom and Dad came to visit.
And we came second in the finals for Baseball.
Now I'm waiting to find out how much longer I have my job, and trying to decide how to proceed.

4 Comments:

At 11:10 pm , Blogger Nadine said...

Hey!
I'm so excited you updated. The garage looks great! I hope the job situation is okay - I don't know what's going on, but fill me in when you want to.
Love you!

 
At 1:27 pm , Blogger tomandlynette said...

Well, I wouldn't say the garage looks "good" but progress is definitely happening! Hope the job stuff gets worked out quickly.

 
At 5:36 pm , Blogger Kirsten said...

Thanks for the post Greg! Fun to see all the progress. Can't wait to see the final project.

 
At 7:42 pm , Blogger Kirsten said...

Can we have a Wedding Social post now! I want to see pics and hear all about it. What was it like : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home